February 28th, 2008
Since December 2007 Simkl.com was in private beta and more than 10 000 users had a chance to participate during this beta. For many users Simkl History Saver has become a must have tool for everyday chatting thanks to its simple integration into almost any IM software for Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD, BeOS, QNX, Irix, Solaris, SunOS, OS/2 and mobile devices.
During the beta Simkl used to support in full such protocols as AIM, ICQ, Yahoo and limited support for MSN except Windows Live Messenger.
We are proud to announce that we can now support saving messages from Widows Live Messenger and full range of software that supports MSN protocol giving access to full range of AIM, ICQ, Yahoo and MSN software to work with this service.
What’s new in Simkl:
- Support for more than 48 messaging clients, including Windows Live Messenger and iChat;
- Interactive full text search capability (now you can search your chats using an innovative way to search through all your conversations);
- Possibility to rename and delete any specific contact;
- Sort your contacts by last conversation;
- Simkl Tray http://tray.simkl.com software for history.im. Gives more ways to access your online history including the “Winkey+H” keyboard shortcut.
- New interface translations have been added.
Video Review made by Simkl user:
—————— About Simkl:
Most of us use several computers at the same time: at home, at work, laptop and so on… This creates its own problems. For example, you can’t always read your instant messenger history from your MSN or Yahoo IM if you are on another computer at that moment. Creators of Simkl service have developed an easy solution to this problem.
With Simkl it is possible to store all your IM history on a web server from different IM’s. To make Simkl History Saver work with your IM, you need to sign up on a website and change some settings in your IM software. Simkl works with almost any IM software on every possible platform with protocols AIM, ICQ, MSN and Yahoo.
- Save IM conversations
- Backup IM contacts
- Web 2.0 style
- Access to your conversations from anywhere in the world
- Work on multiple computers and have combined history
- Easy access to viewer through history.im